Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Whitburn Church of England Academy
Navigate Up
Schools Direct
 
We currently have four training vacancies to start in September 2014 under the Schools Direct scheme.  These vacancies are in:
 
• Maths*
• Physics*
• Music
• Religious Education
 
*Successful applicants to these posts will receive a salary from the Academy whilst they train.
 
The Schools Direct scheme is an opportunity for graduates, as well as those wishing to change career, to train ‘on the job’  to become a teacher.  Successful applicants will spend 80% of their time in the Academy, learning and practising the professional skills required to be an outstanding practitioner.  The remaining 20% of training time is a taught element with an accredited provider such as Sunderland University.  This scheme is the Government’s preferred training route and is run in partnership with the Harton Teaching School Alliance.  For more information please contact Chris Shaw, Assistant Headteacher, via the main office at Whitburn Church of England Academy.  Alternatively follow these links for more details and how to apply
 
 
Whitburn Academy

Content Copyright © 2011 - 2013 Whitburn Church of England Academy

+-